Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Wet-into-Wet Watercolor Painting

 This was a fun experiment, with painting on smaller 140lb cold press arches watercolor paper and using the wet on wet approach .
      Working with a lot of water, I needed to still keep the painting bright, yet not have the painting  fade out as it dries. 

Painting in acrylics these last several months, I needed to get back into my watercolor touch, by keeping the painting fresh and loose.





Watercolor painting can be tricky and exact.
Watercolor paper and pigments can be unruly at best and unforgiving at their worst.

3 comments:

  1. Your paintings are beautiful! Thank you for the nice comment on my blog. I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jane for the kind words. My art is surley my passion. Keep up your beautiful work as well.... cheers... Marti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous works and use of color!
    Nancy dunn

    ReplyDelete